Thursday, February 27, 2014

My two loves

Today was Aila's one month check up. I was afraid that she wasn't gaining weight but turns out my cutie has gained 2 whole pounds! She is now tipping the scale at 8 pounds 13 ounces! She has grown a whole inch and is generally a healthy girl....generally. She is still a bit jaundice and had to have her levels checked again which resulted in 45 minutes of my poor baby screaming while her blood was being collected. So stressful, but unfortunately not the most stressful thing we had to deal with today.

Many of you have asked for updates about Stuart's health, and since it has been difficult to update everyone, I decided to do it here on this blog. To catch everyone up, about two weeks ago, Stuart had a tumor removed from his leg. This was suppose to be a simple surgery, a common one even, doctors weren't even convinced he should have it removed. When we received the test results back however, it wasn't good. Today, Stuart had a second surgery and it was confirmed that the tumor that was removed is indeed cancerous. The surgery today took more tissue from his leg in hopes to remove all of the cancerous cells, they even took a little of his calf muscle just in case. We meet with the doctor again on Monday to discuss the results of this surgery, then will make an appointment with an oncologist to discuss more testing and potential treatment.

Right now life is a little bit of a blur. Stuart has been taking everything well. He would like to know more so we know what direction to go and then would like to go that direction. I have been a bit more emotional. Like I said, Aila just had her one month check up, which means that just one month ago I gave birth to our little girl, which isn't that long ago, and for one month I have only gotten 2-3 hours of sleep at a time, and for one month my life has been completely turned upside down...and now this. I'm emotional to say the least.

Though this is the first time we have been facing cancer, this isn't the first time we have faced a rare finding that threatens our family. 5 months ago we were told that Aila had a rare cyst on her neck. We were told she could have downs, spina bifida, or may not be able to breathe on her own once she was born. She is fine. I can't worry over the "mights" and the "what ifs" there are just to many and so I am trying, repeat Trying, to stay calm, to trust my loving Savior, and cherish the things that are truly important.

Pray for us. We have some hard days ahead of us. Even now Stuart is barely able to walk due to the two surgeries on his calf. Pray that he may heal well and not be in too much pain. Pray that he may be healed and that all of the cancer in his body has already been cut out of him. Pray that we may process well and be wise in all of the decisions that we will have to make. Pray for me as I take care of Stuart and Aila. It looks like all things baby, house, cooking and general well being will be my responsibility until Stuart heals (though Stuart does try to help whenever he can, he needs his rest).

We will keep you posted on whats going on. Hopefully everything in this blog is making sense as it has been a very long day. Feel free to ask questions or talk to us about it but be prepared to have me tear up as I answer.



No comments:

Post a Comment