Thursday, March 20, 2014

Results

Last night was tough. Stuart's surgeon had advised him to take the butterfly stitches which were holding his wound together off on Monday, but Stuart felt they needed a little more time so he took them off on Wednesday. Everything looked fine and then a few minutes later "POP" the wound basically burst open. He went to the ER which bound the wound and had Stuart make an appointment with his surgeon the next day (for those interested, Stuart has a picture of the open wound. It's kinda gross). So he has an appointment today at 4pm to see what to do about that. The biggest bummer about that whole situation is that now Stuart can't use his leg which makes it very difficult for him to help out with Aila which is a frustration for him. All of this brought our spirits a little lower as we headed off to get the results of Stuart's scans, Stuart on crutches as I held the diaper bag, the baby carrier, and grabbed my keys so that I could drive us all to the hospital.

The doctors appointment was a quick one. I walked into it very anxious and was near tears as the nurse took Stuarts vitals, as she left she told us the doctor would be in to see us shortly and I was barely holding it together. The doctor walked in and had Stuarts files in her hand, looked it over briefly and then the conversation went something like this "Well, as expected everything looks good but I'm not done with you yet I still want you to see a specialist. Hey, your a computer guy right? Can you help me? I'm trying to download this song and it's not working" It took me a second to realize what she said. Stuarts scans were all clear...they were all clear!!!! It was weird to be anticipating results with such intensity and have it glossed over so quickly but what do I care, Stuarts scans were all clear.

So...what's the next step? We need to make an appointment with a specialist to see what he recommends for Stuart's leg and we will take it from there. For now we take a deep breath and try to enjoy the fact that there wasn't any cancer found any where else in Stuart's body.

No comments:

Post a Comment