Babies are hard work! I'm not sure if some would find that offensive, but keep in mind, work isn't a bad thing. Training Aila to sleep in her crib has not been easy. She is a tenacious little girl. We were up from 3am - 5am last night, and every hour before that. So I'm tired to say the least. It's been hard to figure out exactly what she needs. Is she crying because she is teething? Does she just not want to go to sleep? Does her diaper need to be changed? Is she hungry? I love this girl so much and want to make sure I am taking the best possible care of her I can.
All of this work has got me thinking. Stuart and I have loved getting to know our little girl. She has been kissed at least a thousand times since she has been born, she has been rocked to sleep and snuggled, played with, sung to, hundreds of diapers have been changed and we have spent lots and lots of time just staring at her and getting to know her different expressions, smiles, cries, and movements. Realizing how much care goes in to raising a baby has made me sad for so many babies who do not have anything close to this. Who do not have a mom or dad to love them and snuggle with. Granted, not all orphanages are created equal, not every foster home is the same (Praise the Lord I know there are some great! ones out there) but there are some babies out there who will be becoming toddlers soon that have never been kissed or cuddled. This breaks my heart! I know at this present time we aren't in a position to adopt but I can't wait till we are.
I am so excited that today two used-to-be-orphans are in their new home getting lots of love from their dad and mom and siblings. Our friends the Tuckers, adopted two ADORABLE babies, twins, from South Africa. I am so excited to meet them! The whole family arrived back in the U.S. today. There are so many babies out there waiting to come home, and not just babies but kids who are still waiting to meet their mom and dad. Would you pray for them? Would you pray for us? That some day we would be able to adopt?
No comments:
Post a Comment