Aila: Today our little girl turned 6 months! She had her shots today and took them like a champ. There were plenty of tears during the shots but moments after she was giving smiles to our friends who were also at the doctor's office with their little boy. She is so much fun! She is beginning to laugh more easily, is letting others watch her for a bit so dad and mom can go to church, have a quick date, or go to Stuart's doctor's appointments together, can roll over both ways and can scooch across the floor. You really have to keep a close eye on her cause man can she move! She is so alert, her head is always darting from side to side so she can see everything, which I am guessing, is one of the reasons she doesn't sleep. Our beautiful girl is still waking up every two hours at night (yes she is on a schedule, yes she has a night time routine, yes we put her down while she is still awake, no I do not feed her through out the night, yes she hates to sleep) We absolutely love being parents. Aila is bringing so much joy to both of us. We are excited to be dedicating her to God this Sunday at 6:00pm at Grace EV Free Fullerton. We would love to see you there!
Stuart: There have been/will be lots of doctors visits this week. He has met with his regular oncologist and has gotten the green light for radiation and then met with his radio-oncologist today and it was determined that Friday he will go for his appointment for radiation simulation so that hopefully by next week he will start the actual radiation treatment. We are hoping that before that happens we will be able to get some scans done. Please pray for us during this time. That the scans come back clear and that the radiation treatment will not have any side effects.
Stuart will be turning 31 on August 15! Hopefully we can find some one to watch Aila for an hour or two and go and celebrate.
If you want to get him a present his Amazon wish list is all up to date http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=cm_wl_search_1?ie=UTF8&cid=AX8H4S2DENUKT (haha, I can't wait to see his face when he realizes I put his wish list on the blog :) )
But seriously, prayer is what we need at this moment. There are days when we forget that cancer is a factor in our lives and there are weeks like these next ones coming up that it is an ever present thought and concern.
Mary: I am tired; physically, emotionally and mentally. Not being able to get more then two hours in a row of sleep for half a year is taking it's toll on me. I start to lose steam around 2 in the afternoon and should probably try and go to sleep earlier then I am but once Stuart gets home I want to spend time with him so I end up staying up late (late is now 10pm for me). The doctors visit was pretty rough on me. As far as health goes, things seem to be going well with Stuart but during the appointment the doctor turned to me and told me that stress can make cancer come back so I shouldn't be stressing Stuart with Aila. I shouldn't have him help at all during the night, or basically bother him with taking care of her. Stuart assured me that he loves Aila so much and that taking care of her is not a stressful point for him but those words still haunt me a bit. I am trying my very hardest to take care of both them.
hmmmm...maybe I should have ended with Aila so that this blog post ended on a happier note. I know! I'll post some pics
![]() |
| Daddy and Aila going on a walk |
![]() |
| Asleep in the nursery while we attend church |



My heart goes out to your family, Mary. Juggling the care of two family dearly beloved family members sounds so exhausting. I know you must be an incredibly strong person, and I know God must be giving you extra strength, because that just sounds like so much! What that doctor told you about not "bother" Stuart with taking care of Aila does sound haunting and guilt-inducing and kind of harsh! :( I'm sorry that you had to hear words like that. :( I wish I were still living in La Mirada; I would totally babysit so you could go out on a Superawesome Happy Birthday Stuart Date. Praying for you all.
ReplyDelete