Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Update on Aila's neck

I'm not quite sure how to start this post so I'll just jump right in. As most of you know, Aila was born with a cyst on her neck. After birth, the cyst wasn't an immediate threat so the doctors said I could discuss it with Aila's pediatrician. When we met with the pediatrician, she said we had to keep an eye on it but that nothing else could be done. So we did, and every checkup I would ask about it and the doctor wouldn't know what I was talking about and after I would explain the whole scenario she would tell me the same thing, "to keep and eye on it". 

Stuart and I noticed that the cyst was growing this entire time and decided to switch pediatricians. Our new pediatrician was alarmed at the size of the cyst (about the size of a golf ball) and gave us an emergency meeting with a specialist at CHOC. The ENT (ears, nose and throat specialist) was also alarmed and couldn't think of any reason why our first pediatrician would not have recommended us right away to see a specialist. We are frustrated to say the least. 

Aila will be having an MRI on December 2nd to figure out what the cyst or possibly tumor is. Because of her age, she will have to be put under anesthesia to keep her still. We are really sad and nervous about all of this. I think of all the mom's I know who have had to hand there babies over to doctors and my heart breaks. This is so difficult. 

Please pray for our family. For strengths and peace and that Aila will be ok through all of this, that we would get a clear diagnosis and for wisdom as we monitor Aila and await the coming MRI.  

1 comment:

  1. Praying. I have her MRI in our calendar now. Thinking of your sweet girl all the time. All our love.

    ReplyDelete