Saturday, June 13, 2015

Whew

We recently have gotten some really good news about both Aila and Stuart. Aila has been cleared to play with other kids and play in places occupied by a lot of kids. Yay! Stuart continues to be cancer free!!!! The lumps in his leg are scar tissue and though we still have some things to figure out as far as treatment goes, it's not cancer! We are so thankful and relieved but I find myself not as care free as I thought I might be.

Have you ever been in a car accident, not a really bad one but a scary one? There's the initial shock, then you look around to make sure every one is ok and you are so relieved when they are. Then you check for damage on your car, insurances are swapped, yata yata yata, you get back in your car and suddenly driving is kinda scary. You've taken the red pill, your eyes are open and suddenly there is danger all around you.

I'm super excited that at this moment in time all three of the Massies are in good health but I am constantly aware that it doesn't always have to stay that way. God and I have a lot of talks these days. Trust looks different, not a bad different, but I am definitely aware that though my good is in the picture, my happiness...my 100% happiness is not a main goal for God. And that's ok.

So rejoice with us. We are all ok. And pray for us, because we still live in a scary place. There are so many emotions I didn't account for in all of this but one thing remains constant, my hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness.

1 Peter 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various [c]trials, so that the [d]proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable,even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment